Our Leaders on the Rise event, held at Massasoit Community College on May 24 was a great success! 75 young women from area high schools attended to listen and learn from women who are forging the way for the young women just starting out.
The day started out with a wonderful relaxing, grounding, and focusing session with Certified Health Coach, Rhianne Berardi owner of Believe in Your Health, followed by a panel discussion, moderated by C24BA’s own Executive Director, Jeannette Travaline.
Our panelists were:
- Gwendolyn Nauls, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority & School counselor at Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Katie Wood, RFx Circle Achiever, Team Leader, Speaker, Motivator, and Author
- Donna McNamara, Chief of Police, Stoughton Police Department
- Kellie Ahearn-Lucas, Marketing & Leasing Manager at John M Corcoran & Company, and Owner of Healthy Hustle Fitness
The keynote address was wonderfully delivered by Crystal Haynes, Anchor & Reporter for Boston 25 News. Her message was one of perseverance and the drive to be successful.
After lunch, participants attended three workshops:
- Women in Wellness – Offered by Meaghan Avery & Kristin Jones of Old Colony YMCA
- Women in Business – Offered by Yanique Shaw, Yanique Events, LLC
- Women in Finance – offered by Katherine Light, Vice President of Business Development, Envision Bank
We’re grateful for the time, effort, and consideration given by everyone involved and we know that all the student attendees walked away feeling inspired and motivated.